Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction:
- 2 R305 Fingerprint Scanner Sensor Module:
- 3 Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System using Arduino:
- 4 Source Code Program
- 5 Working Explanation:
- 6 Video Preview/Explanation & Working:
In this project we are going to design Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System using Arduino. Simply we will be interfacing fingerprint sensor with Arduino , LCD Display & RTC Module to design the desired project. In this project, we used fingerprint Module and Arduino to take and keep attendance data and records.
Biometric Attendance systems are commonly used systems to mark the presence in offices and schools. This project has a wide application in school, college, business organization, offices where marking of attendance is required accurately with time. By using fingerprint sensor, the system will become more secure for the users.
Before going ahead you can take a look at our earlier project:
1. Arduino & Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Security System
2. RFID Based Attendance System using Arduino
R305 Fingerprint Scanner Sensor Module:
This is a finger print sensor module with TTL UART interface for direct connections to microcontroller UART or to PC through MAX232 / USB-Serial adapter. The user can store the finger print data in the module and can configure it in 1:1 or 1: N mode for identifying the person.
The Fingerprint module can be directly interfaced with any microcontroller as well as Arduino Board. This optical biometric fingerprint reader with great features and can be embedded into a variety of end products like access control system, attendance system, safety deposit box, car door locking system.
1. Integrated image collecting and algorithm chip together, ALL-in-One 2. Fingerprint reader can conduct secondary development, can be embedded into a variety of end products 3. Low power consumption, low cost, small size, excellent performance 4. Professional optical technology, precise module manufacturing techniques 5. Good image processing capabilities, can successfully capture image up to resolution 500 dpi
1. Fingerprint sensor type: Optical 2. Sensor Life: 100 million times 3. Static indicators: 15KVBacklight: bright green 4. Interface: USB1.1/UART(TTL logical level) 5. RS232 communication baud rate: 4800BPS~115200BPS changeable 6. Dimension: 55*32*21.5mm 7. Image Capture Surface 15—18(mm) 8. Verification Speed: 0.3 sec 9. Scanning Speed: 0.5 sec 10. Character file size: 256 bytes 11. Template size: 512 bytes 12. Storage capacity: 250 13. Security level: 5 (1,2,3,4,5(highest)) 14. False Acceptance Rate (FAR) :0.0001% 15. False Rejection Rate (FRR): 0.1% 16. Resolution 500 DPI 17. Voltage :3.6-6.0 VDC 18. Working current: Typical 90 mA, Peak 150mA 19. Matching Method: 1: N 20. Operating Environment Temperature: -20 to 45° centigrades
Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System using Arduino:
1. Arduino Uno Board 2. R305/R307 Fingerprint Scanner Module - (Buy Online from Amazon) 3. RTC Module (DS3231 or DS1307) - (Buy Online from Amazon) 4. 16 X 2 LCD 5. Push Buttons Switch - 4 nos 6. Buzzer 7. LED 8. Breadboard 9. Connecting Wires
In this Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System using Arduino, we used Fingerprint Sensor module to authenticate a true person or employee by taking their finger input in the system. Here we are using 4 push buttons to register new fingerprint or delete stored fingerprint or match stored fingerprint. The 4 push buttons are used as an input unit for these tasks. Similarly RTC Module DS3231 is used for registering scanning/entering/existing time of the user.
The LCD displays the time record and every function happening via push button. Buzzer indicates different functions and happening whenever an interrupt is detected. The LED is used for power indication.
Source Code Program
The source code/Program for Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System using Arduino is given below. But before that you need to add fingerprint Sensor library & DS3231 Library. So download the following library:
The working of the Fingerprint Sensor Based Biometric Attendance System. In this project we have used a DS3231 RTC Module for time & date display. We used 1 LED for power ndication, 1 buzzer for difeerent function indication. We have interfaced 16*2 LCD which displays everything whenever the finger is placed or removed, or registering attendance or downloading data.
We have used 4 push buttons which are used to control the entire system. The functions of each buttons are:
1. Register/Back Button – Used for enrolling new finger print as well as reversing the back process or going back
2. Delete/OK Button – This Button is used for deleting the earlier stored finger print system as well as granting access as OK selection.
3. Forward Button – Used for moving forward while selecting the memory location for storing or deleting fingerprint.
4. Reverse Button – Used for moving backward while selecting memory location for storing or deleting fingerprint.
Enrolling New Fingerprint
To enroll New Fingerprint Click on Enroll Button. Then select the memory location where you want to store your fingerprint using UP/DOWN button. Then click on OK. Put your finger and remove your finger as the LCD instructs. Put your finger again. So finally your fingerprint get stored.
Deleting Stored Fingerprint
To delete the fingerprint which is already click on DEL Button. Then select the memory location where your fingerprint was stored earlier using UP/DOWN button. Then click on OK. So finally your fingerprint is deleted.
Simply click on Register/Back Button and reset button together. At this movement the serial monitor should be opened.